Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Since everyone wants messages on how I got out of CVS and Rite Aid for $2 & $4 here it is....



RiteAid and CVS are SO easy to get stuff FREE or almost free! You just gotta watch the coupons and match the ads up just right. I put the ads on the blog every week before they hit, Here's the break down of my trip this week.

I bought:
-Crest ProHealth Enamel Shield toothpaste with card $2.69, had a $0.75 off coupon, making it $2.06 with tax, they had a single check rebate on this item for $2.69 making it FREE in the end (you can do these online and request a check at the end of the month).

-Schick Hydro 5 razors with card $7.99, had 2 coupons for $4.00 off a piece, bought 2 of them, paid $4.23 for each razor after tax. Got $2.00 back in UP rewards for each one(these print on your receipt and you can use them like cash on your next purchase at Rite Aid)

-Glide Floss with card $3.99, had 2 coupons for $0.75 off, making them $3.43 a piece with tax. Got $1.50 UP rewards back for each one.

-Mitchem deodorant with card 2 for $7.00, had 2 $0.75 coupons, bought 2 of them, and I'll get $2.00 added to my single check rebate.

Now, I had $29.00 in UP rewards from my last trip to Rite Aid, so I used them, and you have to buy something that you don't have a coupon for, so I bought the M&M's, paid the $2.00 and boom...I was done. I got $7.00 back in UP rewards AND I have $6.00 still left from my previous trip...

 
Here's how I did it at CVS:

I had $18 of their rewards to spend from the last time I was there. They had the shampoo and conditioner on sale 3 for $10 and I had a $1.00 off coupon for all 4 bottles. So, they were $3.34/bottle minus my $1.00 coupon = $2.34 before tax.

-The razor was on sale for $6.99, there was a $3.00 coupon in the paper, making it $3.99 and I got $3.00 back in the reward $$

-The cereal was on sale 2 for $5.00 and I had a coupon for $1.00 off 3 boxes so, I got 2 boxes for $5.00 and another box for $2.50.

THEN because I had coupons for everything I had to throw the gum in and it was on sale for $2.50.

With taxes, my total out of my pocket was $4.98 :) And I got $5.00 in rewards to spend next time, plus $8.00 in CVS coupons to spend next time as well.

Does that make sense? Throw your questions at me! 

~~~Veronica 

No comments:

Post a Comment